You are here
Stop the spread of germs!
To reduce the spread of germs including the flu and the novel coronavirus we recommend that you:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand
- If you are ill and must visit a healthcare provider, call ahead or tell them right away when you arrive that you have a respiratory illness and wear a mask while waiting to be seen
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Get your flu shot
Here are more tips on how to stop the spread of germs including the flu and the novel coronavirus.